Abundant Life Seminar from 2013 September 6 – 8.
Our prayer was answered in God giving 10 participants to be discipled and comforted to go out with a sense of purpose in being effective People-helpers “with the Mind of Christ’ – the title of a book I read in 1979, COUNSELING WITH THE MIND OF CHRIST which gave me the orientation for my retired life. Praise God for the developments since then.
Report: The participants of Abundant Life Seminar from shared as follows:
- A new understanding about Abundant Life and what my role in attaining it, the areas of correction needed; Need to die to self to have Christ as my life.
- Realization of the Rejection experiences helped to understand how we can come out of it through the acceptance we have in Christ and also helped to understand others with sympathy and care rather than critical about them.
- The study of the Word of God is basic to the walk in the newness of life.
- Abundant life was never a subject of concern so far in my Christian life. I never had any idea of it. I want to live in His perfect will in the life ahead.
- We are drawn to accept counseling ministry for our future life after experiencing the exchanged life in this seminar.
- The personal experience shared by Dr. Alex Mathew exposed the message of Rom.8:28 as real in my life. We see only limited and the present whereas God knows the end at the beginning. His ways are mysterious. So we can trust Him even when we may feel that the present situations are not appreciable or even hard.
- I am no more to live for Christ but allow Christ to live and work through me for His glory.
- Many of my decisions were self-centered. Now I realize that Christ-centered decisions will lead me to abundant life. I need to crucify my flesh to be in His will. Decided to exchange self-life for Christ-life. Decided to break away a relationship in my life I found to be from my FLESH in the context of my rejection experiences. I want God to intervene in my life when I fail and Him to take control of my life when I happen to take it from Him.
- God has brought me here for a special purpose; though I had no definite goal in attending the seminar. Love is for giving it to others as Jesus gave us and never to expect return from the recipients.
- I have now great faith that God wants me to have abundant life. Identification with Christ in his death, burial and resurrections was new to my understanding.
- Problems and difficulties in life are meant for deeper Christian life. I received a better perspective about Christian life. I dedicated to live in His will for the rest of my life. I want to be filled with the grace of God for my life ahead.
- Self-affirmation of God refining us through problems. I am reminded of justification by grace
- Special prayer needs:
- Philip: My 2 sons who need to have an encounter with Jesus; God’s grace for my new job
- Edwin: I want to study the Word of God deeply to know my God closely. Decided to live in close fellowship with GCI
For me to live in His perfect will
- Regular study of the Word of God and to seek God’s will in everything I want to do.
- Total surrender of the whole family of one of the participants
Testimony of Edwin shared as sms with his mentor:
“Sir, I experienced a wonderful seminar abut Abundant Life that God provides for us. Thank you for your prayers. I hope to live the rest of my life as the slave of the Lord Jesus Christ and to do the things He wishes me to do”.
Then he wrote to me:
“ Thank you very much sir for all the classes and advises. I really wanted to have a spiritual life ahead. Job is not a matter for me from now onward but only wanted to be the slave of God by crucifying my ‘self’. I wish to get trained (in counseling) and become a part of GCI to have a meaningful life ahead. Thank you for your blessings and prayer”